WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases,Request a repair, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Site or your User profile.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including purchase history and repair history;
- photos and videos of physical devices as evidence;
- personal marketing and cookie preferences.
If you have authorised a data recovery service, we safely and securely store the data obtained through the data recovery services for up to 30 days after job completion.
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
When using your User profile and our Site, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to collect cookie data.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, User profiles, and Services You Request
When you use our Site and your user profile, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on simplyrepair.uk or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product or service you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning Simply Repair’s products, services, events and other promotions. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent.
If you are an existing customer of Simply Repair (for example, if you have placed a repair request with us, we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Simply Repair products or services where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Simply Repair products or services - such as your use of Simply Repair’s Site and your User profile, your visits to or purchases made in Simply Repair stores, your participation in Simply Repair events and contests - to personalise communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site and your User profile.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Site, User profile and services to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to simplyrepair.uk search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organise and present product offerings in our storefront.
To process your personal data, we rely on certain legal grounds, depending on how you interact with our Site and your User profile.
- When you purchase Simply Repair products from our Site or request services through your User profile, we need your personal data to fulfil our contract with you. For example, we need your payment and contact details to deliver your order.
- We also rely on other legal grounds, such as our legitimate interests as a business, to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect your vital interests.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Simply Repair’s Sharing
Simply Repair shares your personal data with:
- Simply Repair entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above.
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Simply Repair’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of Your Personal Data
Encryption & Security
We use a variety of technical and organisational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
We take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland that do not provide an adequate level of data protection. We use a variety of measures to ensure that your personal data transferred to these countries receives adequate protection in accordance with data protection rules; this includes signing the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, verifying the recipient has adopted Binding Corporate Rules or adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework. Where personal data is transferred within Simply Repair, we use an intragroup data transfer agreement.
Retention of your Personal Data
YOUR RIGHTS Relating to Your Personal Data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact us using the contact details in the “Question and Feedback” section below.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
You can opt-out of receiving Simply Repair’s marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe button under any Simply Repair marketing emails. Alternatively, you can contact us using the contact details in the “Question and Feedback” section below.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Simply Repair collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via the Site through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Simply Repair Site or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Site more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact Consumer Services or our Data Protection Officer at our Simply Repair office at:
Simply Repair, Metropole Chambers, Salubrious Passage, Swansea, SA1 3RT
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.